RAILROAD SAFETY ON THE SUGAR EXPRESS
- Sugar Express operates over a working railroad facility and only ticketed passengers and their guests are permitted on the property.
- Please be mindful of your safety and the safety of your guests. Watch your step, be mindful of moving railroad equipment, uneven surfaces, or bad footing, and pinch points for fingers, arms, and limbs. Do not walk on the railhead and obey instructions from the train crew at all times.
- Please wear sturdy, comfortable shoes – DO NOT wear flip-flops, sandals, or open-toed or high-heel shoes. Boarding and detraining sites may well have uneven footing, large heavy gravel, unusually high steps – sometimes as much as 20 inches, and walking is required at all locations. Passengers with limited mobility need to be aware of these limitations and should expect such situations, and should contact us for advance planning and accommodations.
- You must wear safety glasses if riding in an open vestibule during a trip or on a railroad that permits open vestibules.
- We cannot guarantee the security of cameras and other personal property – you must keep track of your own belongings.
WHEN ON RAILROAD PROPERTY
- Stand at least 25 feet back from the railroad tracks at all times when the train is in motion.
- Always expect a train on any track, from any direction, at any time.
- Never walk on railroad tracks.
- Observe all traffic laws and posted speed limits.
- Hearing protection for children 12-and-under is recommended.
- Share these tips with your friends, family, and others interested in the Sugar Express!